Become a School-Based Educator.
What is LOVE recruits, trains and supervises college students so they can use our researched-based curriculum for preventing teen dating violence and promoting safe and healthy relationships in high schools.
This comprehensive, best-practiced training includes everything from how to implement a school-wide dating violence policy to teaching high school students how to be leaders in preventing dating violence.
Here's What We Offer... Real responsibility: You will report to one person, have your own projects with clear goals, and be reviewed. Fun: This matters to us, you will have fun tackling a difficult topic. Growth: You'll be invited to our team meetings and have tons of learning opportunities.
- Table at community events
- Conduct classroom presentations
- Lead 6-week intensive workshops with small groups (8-10) of students
- Help create outreach campaigns to youth ages 12 to 20
- Implement School-Wide Prevention Strategies
- Supporting a whole-school campaign to increase awareness of dating violence and improving the school climate. Strategies include administering a school climate survey to assess needs, establishing a school policy for defining and reporting interpersonal violence and activating student-led campaigns.
Interested in applying for the 2020 school year?
- Educator-Interns must have strong verbal and presentation skills, reliable transportation (including a valid driver's license and proof of insurance), and be willing to submit to a background check and TB test.
- Responsibilities vary and may include:
- Implementing our What is LOVE curriculum in schools and organizations ·
- Workshops are held Monday-Friday from 8AM-3PM. You MUST be available for ONE full day during the week.
- Maintaining a good rapport with youth participants at all times, making discussions relatable and enjoyable
- Checking in weekly and sending reports to the Program Manager
- Conducting program tracking
- Mandatory attendance at training and supervision dates
- General Requirements:
- Able to meet in person or check in remotely once per week.
- Committed to volunteering part-time from September 15 - March 31, 2020.
- Passionate about changing the world; committed to social change.
- Interested candidates must submit an application
- All applicants must attend an INTERVIEW SESSION
- Educator-Interns will be selected based on:
- Presentation skills
- Interest in promoting healthy relationships
- Dedication to youth mentorship
You are not alone.
It is not your fault.
We can help you get connected
Text “listen” to 741741 to connect 24/7 confidentially to a kind support counselor.
Call 866.331.9474 to speak with a trained LoveisRespect peer advocate for support for yourself or a loved one.
Call 800.799.7233 National Domestic Violence 24/7 hotline to talk to an expert for support for yourself or a loved one.
Call 911 If you are in immediate danger.